Friday, February 15, 2013

Hurricanes & Weddings

I'll be honest ~ I completely forgot to take pictures of this wedding.... In my defense, Liz & Mike's wedding took place on October 27th, 2012 - the day that Hurricane Sandy rolled through the Outer Banks! Needless to say we had to go to Plan B so the sound front ceremony was moved to the veranda and the reception was moved to the Rees Jones Lounge. Everyone took the weather in stride and had such a blast. If rain on your wedding day brings good luck, then a hurricane must mean a marriage full of love, happiness, and nothing but the best and I certainly wish that for Liz & Mike! Although I didn't get a chance to take pictures on this slightly hectic wedding day, their photographer, Leeann Marie from their hometown of Pittsburgh, featured this special couple in a blog post a couple months back. Check it out here! One more thing about this wedding - in Pittsburgh tradition they had a cookie table (yes I know all about the cookie table!) and let me tell you it was the largest (and yummiest) spread of baked goods I have ever seen!

Happy Planning!
Ashley


Liz & Mike ~ October 27th, 2012

Their Vendors
Ceremony & Reception Venue/Catering/Coordination: The Currituck Club
Officiant: Dr. Dave Keller
Florist/Decor: The Embellishers
Photographer: Leeann Marie (Pittsburgh)